I’m back again with another post on how to tackle the year ahead but this time with key tips of what you need to do to make your year truly GREAT!:
1.Embrace the right people: As humans sometimes we gravitate to the individuals who are simply no good for us. Sometimes it’s a lesson learned but lets be honest, some of us have had to learn that lesson for too many times. You may find things in common with people you meet, even people you’ve been ‘cool’ with for ages. But they may not be the ‘right’ people needed in your life. I’ve been that person to sit on the phone with a ‘friend’ while they moan about their life, bitch out people you see them out with the next weekend…..the list goes on. But with growth comes maturity and my intolerance for timewasters/growth-hinders is on zero. That person who you embraced may be the same person blocking your blessing! So my advice is, be mindful who enters your life and at what depth they enter your life. Assess them, assess their character, be open but let there also be a shield of protection to prevent the wrong entering your zen.
2. Get real with yourself: Like, sometimes you actually have to slap yourself out of the ridiculous habits, attitudes and thoughts that you’ve cooked up over the year(s). I wrote a recent post about this toxic thoughts and energy and how that can bring you down. Read it here to find ways to get yourself out of that.
3. Don’t be too hard of yourself: Sometimes we beat ourselves up over the smallest or even big things. But seeing the positive in the negative will help you to take away value from the situation you’ve incurred. ‘Brush yourself and try again’….Aaliyah was defo right with that lyric. It’s not simple but doable.
4. Stop holding grudges: Me that is writing this is the WORST for this lol. I’ll hold my hands up! But nonetheless holding onto past hurt will get you nowhere. Its simply just harbouring space in your heart that should have no place there.
5. Find a Morning routine: You’ll be surprised at how great of day you’ll have by starting your day off positively. From Yoga, to a HIIT workout or a simply good breakfast. Start your day off with something positive and you’ll see how good your mood will remain throughout the day.
6. Detox yourself from the world: Book a spa day or have one day a week where you literally don’t turn on Instagram, twitter or any social media….the list goes on. And whilst your detoxing, you that time to literally chill out. Life is not a ‘Rat Race’. Go at YOUR pace because it’s YOUR life and only YOU will live it.
7. Try a new activity: Kick start your fitness/health goals, start a class, get into reading….just try something different. I’ve decided to try pole fitness classes again. I enjoyed it a few years back but the class got really repetitive. I’m hoping its changed….today is the first class of the year so i’ll see.
8. Claim it: Believe in yourself. Claim that blessing. Claim that opportunity. Claim it all. Speak it into existence. When God is ready to hand you that blessing, you better be ready and be bold with it! So from now, start to prepare yourself for great things, because great things come to GREATER people!.
Lastly, I’m praying that everyone who reads this is granted a fruitful year filled with opportunities, blessings and experiences which will shape only more blessings to enter your life this year and beyond.
Shirt – H&M
Jeans – Topshop Binx Jeans
Shoes – Public Desire
Bag – Chanel