2016! What a year it’s been.
- Controversial (To say the least)
- Fast paced
The world has really been rocked by the key events happening in 2016. Outside of my personal life, so many things happened in one year in this world. Upon reflection, the shock factor was something we all experienced almost every week in 2016.
Just to show you how much we all experienced in 2o16, I’m listing EVERY (almost everything) that happened:
- The Address hotel in Dubai burns!
- Brexit – The UK vote to leave the EU. The pound drops. The UK goes into depression.
- El Chapo is captured but then escapes once again
- Controversial Businessman Donald Trump becomes the 45th President-elect (the nicest description for him)
- Turkey military failed Coup
- Terrorist attack occurs in Turkey airport
- Mass suicide bombings
- Adam Johnson found guilty for sexual activity with a 15 year old girl….sentenced to 6 years in the cellars.
- Beyonce releases album ‘Lemonade’ and conducts her best ever world tour!
- Muhammad Ali passes away
- David Bowie passes away
- The Russian Ambassador to Turkey is assassinated by a security official
- British MP is killed in a ‘terror’ attack leading up to Brexit
- Nearly all of a Brazilian football team and associates are killed in plane crash
- Musician, Prince passes away
- Comedian Ricky Harris passes away
- George Michael passes away
- Theresa May becomes the second female PM to run the UK after David Cameron resigns
- 1 of the 3 british girls who escaped to Syria in 2014 is killed in air strike
- Queen Elizabeth turns 90
- England make a dismal effort in the Euro 2016 championship
- The UK labour party goes into turmoil. Many leave after attempts to bring down current leader Jeremy Corbyn falters.
- Rio host the 2016 Olympics
- The world goes made over PokemonGo.
- Game of Thrones blesses us with Season 6.
- Fidel Castro passes away at the age of 90
- Phife Dawg (A Tribe called Quest) dies
These are just some of the time of the events that happened. Many more occurred.
If we all took on the forever changing, shocking and ridiculous events that happened we would all be super depressed. I seriously don’t know if there has been a year like 2016 in history.
So, 2017 is around the corner…I hear so many people pleading for it to come. Mainly because they’ve had a bad year. Like I advised in my last post, I feel like people need to do more to improve their wellbeing/mind in order to attract positive energy into their lives.
So what’s your 2017 going to be like? Here’s my advise for 2017:
Set realistic goals
My aims for 2017 are really simple. I’m not overcomplicating them. I’ve been mastering short, focussed goals or the last 3 years and each year I’ve been able to accomplish them and more. I used to write a long list of goals….which may equate to around 20-30 things I wanted to do. By the end of January, I usually referred back to the list with a sigh thinking ‘how am I going to do all of this’. In the end I would only accomplish 2-3 goals at max. This is what you call ‘overdoing your list of to dos’ and applying too much pressure on yourself to accomplish too many goals at once.
You can set quarterly goals or monthly goals based on what you plan to achieve for the year. Make sure that your goals are clear and concise. For i.e. Buying a house is a goal but how exactly are you going to get to that goal. We all know there are many factors which play a crucial part in being able to buy a house. For example, is your credit rating good? If it isn’t then your goal may be to better your credit rating in order to enable you to have a better chance at getting a mortgage. Have you got the deposit you need? Set yourself a saving goal per month based on your salary. Or speak to a financial adviser to see what you actually need as a deposit for a mortgage at present.
Walk with an open mind
You never know who you are going to meet and what experiences may be offered to you. Go into the new year with a ‘can do’ and positive mind frame and you’ll instantly see the positives flourish. I’m not saying things will be all rosy but being open allows you to expand and grow as an individual. When positivity keeps coming your way and you apply your new attitude to fulfilling your goals, you will reap the rewards and experience the full cycle of attaining your goals and accomplishments.
Top – H&M (Similar)
Belt – H&M
Shoes – Alaia
Bag – Gucci
Photo credit: Risi B Photography