As soon as we’ve finished celebrating Xmas and New Years, every descends on anticipating Valentine’s day. I used to be so hooked upon Vday and get in my feelings when I didn’t have a date (which was often pre glow up years haha). Anyway, I’ve been with my current bf for 3 and half years and this year will be out 4th V-day together. However, I can’t lie as i’ve got older the importance and my outlook on Vday has definitely changed.
I mean, its amazing to be wined and down (don’t get me wrong) but I’m also okay with a Pizza and wine (hope my bf doesn’t see this in time and thinks, ‘yeahh, let me just rejig my whole plans for this girl’). Also, us females need to not be afraid of treating our baes on Vday, it doesn’t always have to be the guy leading, wining and dining. Moreover, whether you have a bae, bf, lover or ‘situation’, just enjoy share extra love to the people who mean the most.
As I’m sure there are many who don’t quite know what to do for Vday yet, I’ve put together a quick list of things you can do (inexpensive too):
- Crazy Golf – Plonk London / Swingers
- Restaurant – FlatIron (no allowance to book in advance) / CAU / Roka (Sunday’s they do a special set menu deal)
- Ice Bar London – Book in advance
- Theatre – There are loads of deals on for many of the top shows! Dig deep and you’ll find a bargain!
- Extras – Check out lastminute.com for more ideas
Whatever you get up to, enjoy your day!!
Get the look: